How will you make your Prehistoric Kingdom?

General discussion about everything and anything about Prehistoric Kingdom

Re: How will you make your Prehistoric Kingdom?

Postby trexking91 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Well, I would like to build the following parks:

1 – Classic Animals (T.rex, Apatosaurus, etc.), in a huge tropical island;

2 – Gobi Desert, Sahara Desert and Argentinean Dinos, in a desert (or Mediterranean) island;

3 - For now, I didn’t decide which will be the type island for this one, but I would like to include the dino cast from: Disney’s Dinosaur, The Ballad of Big Al and the 2nd ep of Dinosaur Revolution.
trexking91
Pterandon

Postby joe99 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:41 am

my park is going to be put a HUGE island in the tropics and have a land park and water park for the huge marine animals. it will be organised by time and place with huge outdoor enclosures in the multi km size, I want to put the animals first and huge indoor enclosures for animals that live in cold and dry places, along with smaller enclosure for smaller prehistoric animals like frogs, it will also have lots of food places, hotels and other things in the park
joe99
Velociraptor

Postby tigris115 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:08 pm

I'd likely do what most zoos do and showcase different dinosaurs by the ecosystem they called home like..

Hell's Creek: This is where you'll have fauna from the tail end of the Mesozoic such as a field exhibit of Trikes, Edmontosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, etc., an Archeoraptor or Troodon paddock and last but not least, a small family unit of T. rex.

Giants of the Jurassic: Based of the Giants of the Savannah exhibit at the Dallas Zoo, the centerpiece would be a flex exhibit shared by sauropods, stegosaurs, small ornithropods and other various Morrison critters. There would also be exhibits for Allo, Torvo, and the Ceratosaurus.
tigris115
Hatchling

Postby Palaeeudyptes » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:19 pm

My park would be a drive-through safari layout, as that would be more practical than the zoo layout, given the size and needs of the animals involved. You're driven past (or through) vast pastures where all the large herbivores roam freely.

There will be fenced in mini-zoos along the way, with smaller dinos, rest stops, shops and restaurants, and a special attraction like a roller coaster or the aviary.

Instead of a birdcage, an idea I've had for the pterosaur aviaries could be a ring of radio-type towers, lined with speakers that emit an infrasonic pulse if the pterosaurs fly too close. Perhaps we could even have a medium herbivore or two in there. It'll be walk-through, and the paths will be covered in a net frame and some railings to protect the visitors.

The carnivores will be kept in smaller paddocks to the side of the larger parks, about half a square kilometer each.

Species? I don't want a specific list as long as I have a good blend, but I definitely want Gallimimus, Suchomimus, Nasutoceratops, and tons of scientifically-accurate pterosaurs.
Palaeeudyptes
Egg

Postby Hummvie » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:20 am

Maurizio Morosan wrote:Finally, what species would I have? Why spending a hard time on modelling 150+ species if I can't enjoy all of them? Exactly, I'd struggle to create optimal conditions for all the animals, so I can feature an awesome variety of creatures in my park, displaying absolutely all of them.

So this would be my perfect Prehistoric Kingdom in a few sentences. Hope you like it! :D

Maurizio.

Maurizio Morosan wrote: Why spending a hard time on modelling 150+ species if I can't enjoy all of them?

Maurizio Morosan wrote: modelling 150+ species

Wow, that much for the final release? Excluding DLC????
Whoever said nothing was impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.~ Unknown Genius
Hummvie
Hatchling

Location: Under John Hammond's Couch at his living room in Isla Nublar

Postby VictorasaurusRex » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Hummvie wrote:Wow, that much for the final release? Excluding DLC????

Yup, 150 excluding DLC, final release :p
Once the Lead level design of Prehistoric Kingdom, now just a lifeless forum moderator, desperately trying to stay relevant for the team, community and game.
I like Raptors.
VictorasaurusRex
Developer

Postby achillobator » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:15 pm

...something similar to Hierro (Canary islands) with differents envirorments and vegetation. Maybe the mos important is to have an editor to change some stuff of the island. Rocks, jungle, beach, some snow, steppe, lakes, rivers ...
achillobator
Hatchling

Postby Sci-Fi King25 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:19 pm

So far, I have my updated park-

The entrance at the very southern tip of the island, and you get to a short monorail. After a large area of other monorail areas, concession stands and information areas, you get to the before the dinosaurs areas, and take a short walk to the main area of the park- a few restaurants, hotels, souvenir stands, and right at the center- the Tyrannosaurus exhibit. A little to the southwest of that is the Raptor's Den, two exhibits, housing Utahraptor and Deinonychus. A little bit to the southeast, the Pachy Arena, a circular exhibit housing a small herd of Pachycephalosaurus. A bit to the east of the Rex exhibit is the Triceratops Territory, housing Triceratops, Torosaurus, and Ankylosaurus. Also, some monorails can take you to three destinations on the island's east- "Jurassic Giants", housing creatures from the Morrison Formation, at the southeast, the Aquarium to the east, and the aviary to the northeast. Just southwest to the aviary is the "DinoBirds" exhibit, housing Microraptor and Jeholornis. A bit west of this is the Terror Birds display. A bit south of this is the "Reptilia" display, housing the reptiles after the dinosaurs. Most of the island's western area is the Cretaceous Cruise, which houses 13 species, 4 of which are hadrosaurs, 4 ceratopsians, 2 ankylosaurs, Thescelosaurus, Stegoceras, and a species of crocodile, separated from the rest of the creatures on an island, with hidden tank walls stopping them from getting over to the rest of the creatures. There will be a few more sections scattered around the island, but I'm not sure about their location. :D

(The island will be mostly flat grasslands, with a few forests, a large river, a small lagoon, and mountains covering a bit of the north and most of the northwest.)
I like Sci-Fi.
Sci-Fi King25
Ankylosaurus

Postby Andrewsaurchus101 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:41 pm

I would base my prehistoric kingdom slightly off of Busch gardens in Tampa,Florida (a theme park in my area with wild animals like lions and elephants along with roller coasters and other rides). It would be at least 670 square miles (maybe a little bigger) and would be built in an area like North Carolina (the perfect balance between hot and cold). There are 10 themed areas with many exhibits and lots of animals. Here's an example of one of the areas

JURASSIC

Edge of the Jurassic

Allosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Megalosaurus
Orntitholestes
Compsaugnathus
Guanlong

Mamanchisaurus paddock

Mamanchisaurus
Miragaia

Dilophosaurid layer

Dilophosaurus
Monolophosaurus
Cryolophosaurus

Jurassic velvet

Cetiosaurus
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Stegosaurus
Kentrosaurus
Camptosaurus
Dryosaurus

(I do imagine animals not in prehistoric kingdom in the park like shunosaurus, anchisaurs and scutellosaurus, just to name a few)

There are also rides and attractions in this area

A large roller coaster to the south and a train ride to the north

And finally there are various areas to grab a snack or meal or get a gift.

And remember, I only reveled one area. There are meny more then this !
I'm here because prehistory is awesome!!!

Andrewsaurchus101
Velociraptor

Location: West coast Florida, Taming a Colombian mammoth while listening to rock and metal

Postby Godzillasaurus » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Andrewsaurchus101 wrote:I would base my prehistoric kingdom slightly off of Busch gardens in Tampa,Florida (a theme park in my area with wild animals like lions and elephants along with roller coasters and other rides). It would be at least 670 square miles (maybe a little bigger) and would be built in an area like North Carolina (the perfect balance between hot and cold). There are 10 themed areas with many exhibits and lots of animals. Here's an example of one of the areas

JURASSIC

Edge of the Jurassic

Allosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Megalosaurus
Orntitholestes
Compsaugnathus
Guanlong

Mamanchisaurus paddock

Mamanchisaurus
Miragaia

Dilophosaurid layer

Dilophosaurus
Monolophosaurus
Cryolophosaurus

Jurassic velvet

Cetiosaurus
Apatosaurus
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Stegosaurus
Kentrosaurus
Camptosaurus
Dryosaurus

(I do imagine animals not in prehistoric kingdom in the park like shunosaurus, anchisaurs and scutellosaurus, just to name a few)

There are also rides and attractions in this area

A large roller coaster to the south and a train ride to the north

And finally there are various areas to grab a snack or meal or get a gift.

And remember, I only reveled one area. There are meny more then this !

Monolophosaurus is not a creative colordilophosaurid

Who wants a jelly baby?

Rampant ninja-related crimes these days. White House is not the exception.

Scrub, scrub till water's Brown.
Godzillasaurus
Ankylosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion