Demos and Dinos

General discussion about everything and anything about Prehistoric Kingdom

Which Dinosaur demo do you think will be released first?

Prehistoric Kingdom
92%
Dinosaur Battlegrounds
No votes
Saurian
8%

Total votes : 37

Re: Demos and Dinos

Postby Fireclaw » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:06 pm

SteveosaurusRex wrote:Mr Firecunt
I've seen that your patience has dropped over the past couple of days, do you have a family, sir? or are you just a little impatient prick to even try to make the devs feel like they need to work 24/7 you have to stop its just unfair for them, i mean until you can prove that they are robots then i suggest YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Wow. Super mature :roll:

To answer your question, yes I do have a daughter. and guess what, mr. Steve. I worked a full-time job when she was born, I worked 11 hour days, 7 days a week, did I did to just suddenly take off when she was born? No. I didn't. I did take 2 days off because my daughter had to stay in the hospital for that time due to breathing issues, but I had to REQUEST those days off. I didn't get paid for it either.

Using Franks child as a valid excuse does not fly, because whether you want to believe it or not, having a child does not take up your entire life and if Frank is unable to fill the shoes he was given, he needs to hand the job off to someone else for a while.

When did I ever say the devs needed to work 24/7? Point that out to me, please ^_^

Point being, people get irritated when something is promised and never delivered. DBG promised a Tech demo video LAST month, it never came. They update the progress maybe once every few months, and no, not every one of the devs have a fulltime job or are in school, In fact I can tell you that one of them even said that once she went BACK to school, she'd have MORE time to work on the game.

Take good ole PK here, I love the progress being made, but yes, people got irritated when there was no tech demo for release at 12pm EST just like was promised.

You do not Promise something, and then not deliver, didn't any of your parents ever teach you that?

You do not suggest, promise, or even hint that something will be done at a certain time in games like these. You give a rough idea, not an absolute.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'mma go be a Firecunt elsewhere =D
Fireclaw
Pterandon

Postby Birdskull31 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:39 pm

VictorasaurusRex wrote:
Birdskull31 wrote:
I've seen that your patience has dropped over the past couple of days, do you have a family, sir? or are you just a little impatient prick to even try to make the devs feel like they need to work 24/7 you have to stop its just unfair for them, i mean until you can prove that they are robots then i suggest YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Steve let him be rude all he wants, don't feed in on his ignorance. If he keeps it up he'll get kicked, but don't do the same so you won't get kicked.

That exactly. If there's any trouble let him or the mods know politely, and if anything goes wrong we'll take care of it. I get your point and to be honest I agree, but there's no grounds to respond like that. I agree with FireCLAW too though, in the sense that it is rather unreasonable to have an entire (paid) development process be - basically - stopped due to a positive family occurence. Not for us to decide though.
Developers have lives, especially people like the devs of PK and DB, as they have no constant cashflow or guaranteed income. They tend to have second jobs etc. and game development is just a part time thing. Realize and respect that, as I stated in my post in the announcements.
Also, I accidentally wiped the poll this morning... Sorry about that!

Damnit Vic! XD
Its okay PK won anyways, now its just a race between DB and Saurian
"We cannot change our destiny. We just have to have the courage to know what it is, and accept it."
- Tallstar of WindClan
Birdskull31
Ankylosaurus

Postby ChangingRat11 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Fireclaw wrote:

Wow. Super mature :roll:

To answer your question, yes I do have a daughter. and guess what, mr. Steve. I worked a full-time job when she was born, I worked 11 hour days, 7 days a week, did I did to just suddenly take off when she was born? No. I didn't. I did take 2 days off because my daughter had to stay in the hospital for that time due to breathing issues, but I had to REQUEST those days off. I didn't get paid for it either.

Using Franks child as a valid excuse does not fly, because whether you want to believe it or not, having a child does not take up your entire life and if Frank is unable to fill the shoes he was given, he needs to hand the job off to someone else for a while.

When did I ever say the devs needed to work 24/7? Point that out to me, please ^_^

Point being, people get irritated when something is promised and never delivered. DBG promised a Tech demo video LAST month, it never came. They update the progress maybe once every few months, and no, not every one of the devs have a fulltime job or are in school, In fact I can tell you that one of them even said that once she went BACK to school, she'd have MORE time to work on the game.

Take good ole PK here, I love the progress being made, but yes, people got irritated when there was no tech demo for release at 12pm EST just like was promised.

You do not Promise something, and then not deliver, didn't any of your parents ever teach you that?

You do not suggest, promise, or even hint that something will be done at a certain time in games like these. You give a rough idea, not an absolute.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'mma go be a Firecunt elsewhere =D

But Frank never even said that the tech demo is coming out last month. NOWHERE has he ever said that, he only said that it was closer then people might think.
And Tklarenb, who I assume you are referring to, has more time in college because he is taking a course in digital arts in college. Dinosaur Battlegrounds will look good on his scores, so he can work on them in college.
We all have our inner demons. I chose to conquer mine.
ChangingRat11
Pterandon

Postby SteveosaurusRex » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:15 pm

No comment.
" It's better to be feared than hated."
SteveosaurusRex
Velociraptor

Postby Apollo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:20 pm

This is not appropriate here. Please don't fire yourselves up when someone makes statements that you don't agree with.
Apollo

Postby TheGamingMaverick » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:12 am

Edaphosaurus wrote:
joe99 wrote:Prehistoric Kingdom: realistic park sim with accurate prehistoric animals
Dinosaur Battlegrounds: play as dinosaur and accurate environment from all prehistory
Mesozoic: JP:OG 2 with more story and unrealistic animals
Saurian: mini DB in only hell creek

Correction, DB is only partly accurate, as they allow awesomebro fanboys to make scaly raptors. Saurian is 100% accurate and much more detailed, focusing on the whole environment.

Saurian: Wholly accurate game with detailed environment where you get to play as a dino
DB: Lots of Mini Saurians which have less accuracy

100% is pushing it, the fact they don't shrink wrap and put feathers on raptors is good, but they use too many hypothetical elements. Even if they do have some scientific reasoning behind it, some don't even have physical evidence to back it. Regardless they should go with the most widely accepted theories.
TheGamingMaverick
Egg

Previous

Return to General discussion