Simulating Prehistroic Ecosytems

General discussion about everything and anything about Prehistoric Kingdom

Re: Simulating Prehistroic Ecosytems

Postby Satan » Mon May 30, 2016 2:49 pm

velocichap wrote:oh sorry but we did not have the woolly Rhino also I accidently said the cave bear but I guess it works and I am not going for the mammoth steppe look here http://c1.thejournal.ie/media/2013/10/s ... 90x285.jpg

Actually, after looking into it, Ireland was an Arctic wasteland during the Ice Age. Most of Ireland was buried under thousands of feet of glacier. Also, as far as I can tell, Ireland didn't have any Woolly Mammoth or Cave Lions.
Plus even if the only difference was not having Woolly Rhinos, that would lower the amount of species to only three, which is pretty bad.
Prehistoric Kingdom has too many Non-Avian Dinosaurs, meaning many bird and mammal species are left out. Help support adding more birds and mammals to hinder the monopoly of dinosaurs:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby velocichap » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:04 pm

I have a few counter claims
http://www.irelandseye.com/irish/animal ... nd_01.shtm
https://books.google.ie/books?id=exics1 ... nd&f=false
also Cave lions were found in Great Britain and England and Ireland were connected in the Ice age but I do Admit defeat about the habitat also I found this while researching which is pretty amazing http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015 ... chaeology/
Hello, I'm Velocichap writer of the upcoming web book The Darwin Menagerie, a zoo for both extinct and endangered animals. message me if you want a link to my Discord server to find out more :) https://discord.gg/6NrgEZw
velocichap
Ankylosaurus

Postby Deinonychus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:41 am

Pisco Formation
Pliocene
Peru 2 species

Livyatan melvillei
Carcharocles megalodon
Deinonychus
Velociraptor

Postby Satan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:58 am

Deinonychus wrote:Pisco Formation
Pliocene
Peru 2 species

Livyatan melvillei
Carcharocles megalodon

2 Species = No

I'll probably add the Chinle Formation and a Kem Kem Bed compilation.
Prehistoric Kingdom has too many Non-Avian Dinosaurs, meaning many bird and mammal species are left out. Help support adding more birds and mammals to hinder the monopoly of dinosaurs:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby Satan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:28 pm

Updated the species list to be more accurate, such as removing Torosaurus from Hell Creek because it didn't live with Triceratops or probably many of the other species. Also renamed Edmontosaurus annectens Anatosaurus, I hope PK does the same. And finally, I split Dinosaur Park in to two parts, upper and lower. The two are pretty different and it would be wrong to say Centrosaurus and Styracosaurus lived together or Lambeosaurus and Parasaurolophus.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby Unkown Amniote » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Satan wrote:Updated the species list to be more accurate, such as removing Torosaurus from Hell Creek because it didn't live with Triceratops or probably many of the other species. Also renamed Edmontosaurus annectens Anatosaurus, I hope PK does the same. And finally, I split Dinosaur Park in to two parts, upper and lower. The two are pretty different and it would be wrong to say Centrosaurus and Styracosaurus lived together or Lambeosaurus and Parasaurolophus.

Torosaurus was still found in Hell Creek, it's just that it didn't live in the middle or upper parts of the formation and only lived alongside Triceratops horridus, aka the only confirmed species of Triceratops in PK (although the devs have said before that they would like T. prorsus since it's so easy to make). And most researchers say Anatosaurus is just a seperate species of Edmontosaurus. "Anatosaurus" and Edmontosaurus are identical besides the fact the "Anatosaurus" is larger and has a longer snout. But that's just species variation. There's far more differences in the various species of Palaeoloxodon but I don't see anyone talking about that. Just because one small team of paleo enthusiasts (and a few scientists) say Anatosaurus is it's own genus, doesn't mean that we should all conform to them. Everyone has their own opinions, and at the end of the day, over splitting genera isn't important since it doesn't actually contibute anything besides confusion to some people. That's like other games making Gorgosaurus=Albertosaurus simply because PK does. There are actual, legitament reasons why Gorgo should/could equal Alberto, but that's beside the point.
Unkown Amniote
Velociraptor

Postby Satan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Unkown Amniote wrote:
Satan wrote:Updated the species list to be more accurate, such as removing Torosaurus from Hell Creek because it didn't live with Triceratops or probably many of the other species. Also renamed Edmontosaurus annectens Anatosaurus, I hope PK does the same. And finally, I split Dinosaur Park in to two parts, upper and lower. The two are pretty different and it would be wrong to say Centrosaurus and Styracosaurus lived together or Lambeosaurus and Parasaurolophus.

Torosaurus was still found in Hell Creek, it's just that it didn't live in the middle or upper parts of the formation and only lived alongside Triceratops horridus, aka the only confirmed species of Triceratops in PK (although the devs have said before that they would like T. prorsus since it's so easy to make). And most researchers say Anatosaurus is just a seperate species of Edmontosaurus. "Anatosaurus" and Edmontosaurus are identical besides the fact the "Anatosaurus" is larger and has a longer snout. But that's just species variation. There's far more differences in the various species of Palaeoloxodon but I don't see anyone talking about that. Just because one small team of paleo enthusiasts (and a few scientists) say Anatosaurus is it's own genus, doesn't mean that we should all conform to them. Everyone has their own opinions, and at the end of the day, over splitting genera isn't important since it doesn't actually contibute anything besides confusion to some people. That's like other games making Gorgosaurus=Albertosaurus simply because PK does. There are actual, legitament reasons why Gorgo should/could equal Alberto, but that's beside the point.

Saurian has found that Torosaurus lived in a "basal" Hell Creek, and came before both Triceratops species. Thus it would not be included because it does not fit the time period or other fauna (Dakotaraptor is 66 million years ago, so Toro and Dakota didn't live with eachother either).
Anatosaurus is a personal preference that I hope PK addopts but I'll and it for now it's not the popular opinion. And I believe, like Brontosaurus, Anatosaurus will come to be commonly excepted again. I've seen even huge lumpers, both professional and not, consider or except it. But that hasn't happened yet, so it doesn't mean anything. And there are more differences that maximum size and snout shape; the differences in scale texture, the lack of a known skin crest in Anato, and the millions of years where neither of them are present.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby velocichap » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:05 pm

can I have another go at this because I failed (although species were right but anyways)
Mammoth Steppe
carnivores:
Cave lion
Cave bear
Herbivore:
Woolly Mammoth
Woolly Rhino
Irish Elk
please note I will delete this comment if I cannot try again
Hello, I'm Velocichap writer of the upcoming web book The Darwin Menagerie, a zoo for both extinct and endangered animals. message me if you want a link to my Discord server to find out more :) https://discord.gg/6NrgEZw
velocichap
Ankylosaurus

Postby Satan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:30 pm

velocichap wrote:can I have another go at this because I failed (although species were right but anyways)
Mammoth Steppe
carnivores:
Cave lion
Cave bear
Herbivore:
Woolly Mammoth
Woolly Rhino
Irish Elk
please note I will delete this comment if I cannot try again

Im not sure if you noticed, but that's exactly the same as Pleistocene Eurasia, just a ecosystem name change. And I'm not sure what you mean by "try again", you can suggest more ecosystems but I think you should drop this Plestocene Eurasia.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby velocichap » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 am

right well my last hope to try to be relevant with "Late Oligocene Mongolia" so it needed a few slight replacements but I hope it won't be too much of a problem.
Carnivores
Hyaenodon
Amphicyon aka Bear dog
Entelodont, we do not have the exact species that lived in Mongolia but we do have a relative and that is Daeodon
Herbivores
Paraceratherium
(dlc) Chalicotherium (again not the same exact species as Goldfusi lived in Germany
and Perhaps (Dlc)Kubanochoerus as I have researched it and it said that it lived across Eurassia
velocichap
Ankylosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion