PK Formations

General discussion about everything and anything about Prehistoric Kingdom

Re: PK Formations

Postby Satan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:40 am

Edaphosaurus wrote:You find Coelophysis and Scelidosaurus in the Kayenta
Also Megalosaurus, Liopleurodon, Metriorynchus, Leedsichthys, Simolestes and Hybodus live in the Oxford clay, and Ichthyosaurus and Hybodus are from the Blue Lias

In Kayenta, that is a different species of Ceolophysis, and the Scelidosaurus remains are usually considered too derived to even be referred to that genus.
In Oxford Clay, I've not seen any indication of Megalosaurus there, wrong Hybodus (PK's is not the Mesozoic species) and wrong Metriorynchus species (why they chose this Metrio I don't know). Plus you forgot a few species from here that I'll add later.
In Blue Lias, Ichthyosaurus did seem to live there so I'll add that, but Hybodus is excluded for the same reason above.
In Hell Creek, nice catch, I'll add Basilemy.
In somewhere in Eurasia, I'll figure out where the ice age animals will go, and Megaloceros will be found with them, not seperate. AND DELETE THE QUOTE OF THE ENTIRE PAGE.
Prehistoric Kingdom has too many Non-Avian Dinosaurs, meaning many bird and mammal species are left out. Help support adding more birds and mammals to hinder the monopoly of dinosaurs:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby velocichap » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:55 am

excuse me but i said another location for megaloceros i did not say that it should only be found in Ireland it is just another location to find it as some other species have a formation where there is only one species in it or two to three, i just thought ANOTHER location would be nice for megaloceros because of this bog and the amount of megaloceros found there that lead to the common name, i would have simply liked to add an EXTRA location for the Irish Elk for where it got it's roots for it's name.
(in other news i deleted the quote)
Hello, I'm Velocichap writer of the upcoming web book The Darwin Menagerie, a zoo for both extinct and endangered animals. message me if you want a link to my Discord server to find out more :) https://discord.gg/6NrgEZw
velocichap
Ankylosaurus

Postby Edaphosaurus » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:28 pm

Species in PK are a mess and don't really apply. At the moment it seems somewhat like the Devs have chosen the Genera. When formations kick in we may get more species as alt skins. I'm also still routing for Stethacanthus and Cladoselache as normal animals with Hybodus AI so Dunkleosteus has something to chew on and the formation is less terrible.
Edaphosaurus 2.0 - Still controversial, just with less hate
Edaphosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby Satan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Edaphosaurus wrote:Species in PK are a mess and don't really apply. At the moment it seems somewhat like the Devs have chosen the Genera. When formations kick in we may get more species as alt skins. I'm also still routing for Stethacanthus and Cladoselache as normal animals with Hybodus AI so Dunkleosteus has something to chew on and the formation is less terrible.

Yeah, I've realized that. I'm just going to try and keep it pretty straight/accurate for now. I've already bent a few formations, but some species are too different from their other species or don't really work. I'm hoping I can convince Mau to switch a few species around, or add another species as a skin (Psittaco, Hybodus, Metrio ect).
Psittacosaurus sibircus is probably the most interesting example. Out of the many different Pssitacosaurus species that inhabit many different formations, including one from Yixian, they chose one that lives alone in a formation. Moving into Yixian deffiantly feels very wrong, because it doesn't look anything like P. lujiatunensis and its name is derived from Siberia. Yixian however is in China.
Metriohynchus is somewhat similar, although to a lesser extent. Although (probably) alone instead of being in the big Oxford Clay Formation, it's name doesn't betray it. However, unlike Psittaco, I don't understand why choose this species. Psittaco was atleast very interesting looking, this Metrio is nothing different from the others that I'm aware of. I think it's just because it's the holotype.
Hybodus makes sense, it just limits it.
Prehistoric Kingdom has too many Non-Avian Dinosaurs, meaning many bird and mammal species are left out. Help support adding more birds and mammals to hinder the monopoly of dinosaurs:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby ProjectMammoth » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:35 pm

species are just a myth
ProjectMammoth
Ankylosaurus

Postby Satan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:24 am

I atleast half take back what I said about Metriorhynchus geoffroyi, it atleast has a formation shared with Kimmerosaurus langhami. So I change my opposition on it to be "hopefully the other species for Oxford Clay as an alternate skin". Psittacosaurus remains the biggest offender.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5438
Satan
Ankylosaurus

Postby Edaphosaurus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Satan wrote:I atleast half take back what I said about Metriorhynchus geoffroyi, it atleast has a formation shared with Kimmerosaurus langhami. So I change my opposition on it to be "hopefully the other species for Oxford Clay as an alternate skin". Psittacosaurus remains the biggest offender.

Might help flesh out the formation some more though
Edaphosaurus 2.0 - Still controversial, just with less hate
Edaphosaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby ProjectMammoth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:07 pm

more things everywhere!
ProjectMammoth
Ankylosaurus

Postby velocichap » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:49 pm

still no Russian far east
Hello, I'm Velocichap writer of the upcoming web book The Darwin Menagerie, a zoo for both extinct and endangered animals. message me if you want a link to my Discord server to find out more :) https://discord.gg/6NrgEZw
velocichap
Ankylosaurus

Postby ProjectMammoth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:52 pm

hmmmmm.......
ProjectMammoth
Ankylosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion