Everything and Anything U.P.

Place for anything and everything!

Everything and Anything U.P.

Postby SilvermistInc » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:56 pm

Hello hello! Come ye one and all to this amazing post in the Off-Topic Discussion part of the forums. Here you will see anything and everything Umboi Park related, or UP for those of you that enjoy saying acronyms. Now to put it simply for those of you that value your time more than life, what this post will have in it is: Updates on UP, links to UP concept art, intellectual articles that helped influence the novel, comments (and possible flame wars), as well as the possibility of merchandise for those of you that love spending money on a good cause. So once again thank you for enjoying this post and being active on it! I hope you enjoy your stay.

Story pages so far: 85
Story pages needed for release: 300+
Interesting ideas that we've been contemplating lately with UP: Global Depression.

Umboi Park's Roster/Character list: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RGK ... sp=sharing

What you can do to help us: We need ideas for concept art. Our Concept artist Meden LOVES to do fancy art pieces, however at times she needs ideas of what to draw. What we would also love for you to do is simply spread the word about Umboi Park, get people interested. I mean if nobody knows about our little novel what's the point of making it? So spread the word! Also if you have any ideas of what you think would make Umboi Park better, whether it's an underground view area or a petting zoo let us know!

Resources needed: High Resolution images of Umboi, a real Paleontologist to consult with, a geneticist to consult with. We also need an unbiased audience to run basic review tests, right now we're using family for that and that's not always the best idea.

The team so far: SilvermistInc, Windmilller, Medenadragon, and Barrosasaurus

Team roles: SilvermistInc, head of UP, founder, writer, and editor. Windmiller, co-founder of UP and writer. Medenadragon, artist. Barrosasaurus, writer.

UP related streams: https://picarto.tv/PaleoartandDragons - Medenadragon's art stream.

UP Merchandise will be available should there be a large enough demand for it (and should you promise to spam it on your social media page). Merchandise will include, special UP concept art, T-Shirts, Hoodies, stickers, and various others.
UP Art will be for sale on the better part of this year or the next.

So once again thank you for reading and staying up to date with UP! Hope to hear your thoughts in the comments.

Fancy artwork by Meden: http://medenadragon.deviantart.com/art/ ... -571647690
Umboi Park Logo: http://orig10.deviantart.net/84d2/f/201 ... 9l8awg.jpg

Umboi Park Roster.
-Tyrannosaurus rex
-Velociraptor
-Irritator
-Suchomimus
-Allosaurus
-Utahraptor
-Carnotaurus
-Herrerasaurus
-Archaeopteryx
-Sinornithosaurus

-Parasaurolophus
-Stegosaurus
-Camarasaurus
-Apatosaurus
-Gallimimus
-Triceratops
-Brachiosaurus
-Riojasaurus
-Maiasaura
-Pachycephalosaurus
-Talarurus
-Deinocheirus
-Shunosaurus
-Ouranosaurus
-Protoceratops
-Nasutoceratops

-Pteranodon
-Anhanguera
-Thalassodromeus
-Germanodactylus

Red = Carnivore
Green = Herbivore
Orange = Pterosaur

Last edited by SilvermistInc on Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Umboi Park, Kazakhstan Civil War, Cenozoic Park. Crazy stuff goes on in the SimINC Universe.
SilvermistInc
Ankylosaurus

Re: Everything and Anything UP

Postby Hardrisaur Hero » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Parasaurolophus, Corythosaurus, Maiasaura, Shantungosaurus, Rhinorex, Iguanadon, Lambeosaurus, Olorotitan, Huehuecanauhtlus
Hardrisaur Hero
Ankylosaurus

Re: Everything and Anything U.P.

Postby barrosasaurus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:32 pm

Have you added any sort of normal (non dinosaur) leisure activities. Golf course, waterslides, museums etc...? I cant visualise something as unique as a park with dinosars not having everything else as well tbh, and it makes sense for these to not be owned by the company who owns the park per say. People would love to invest, so you can guarentee that you can spare no expense (and generate a good deal of revenue of commissioms and the sale of land etc...
I am the ex holy lepidotian pope. The current pope is medena, because i got bored

Also, i am a writer for UP, the one who makes everything sound pretty by saying stuff such as "the magenta flowers" :P
barrosasaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby SilvermistInc » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:52 pm

barrosasaurus wrote:Have you added any sort of normal (non dinosaur) leisure activities. Golf course, waterslides, museums etc...? I cant visualise something as unique as a park with dinosars not having everything else as well tbh, and it makes sense for these to not be owned by the company who owns the park per say. People would love to invest, so you can guarentee that you can spare no expense (and generate a good deal of revenue of commissioms and the sale of land etc...

On Visitor Island there is a sort of "amusement park" part of the island. It has a Ferris wheel, roller coasters, and many different rides. So there are in fact attractions that are not the dinosaurs. However the idea of having people invest in the park has not been brought up yet. Oh sure we have the idea of some Saudi wanting a park in his country with desert dinos, but no investors per sae.

The twist with our "John Hammond" is he's a more conservative man that prefers not to spend money when it can be saved. So the fact that people could invest in the park could work out very well. Thanks for that suggestion.
Umboi Park, Kazakhstan Civil War, Cenozoic Park. Crazy stuff goes on in the SimINC Universe.
SilvermistInc
Ankylosaurus

Postby barrosasaurus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:19 pm

Im thinking 5 star hotels making offers and the bartering and negotiations for pricing and stuff would make a nice little piece
I am the ex holy lepidotian pope. The current pope is medena, because i got bored

Also, i am a writer for UP, the one who makes everything sound pretty by saying stuff such as "the magenta flowers" :P
barrosasaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby Queztacoatlus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:52 pm

So...what exactly is this? A plan for a real life park?
CAW!! I am a Quetzalcoatlus!! Fear me!
Queztacoatlus
Velociraptor

Postby SilvermistInc » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:57 pm

Queztacoatlus wrote:So...what exactly is this? A plan for a real life park?

I'm beginning to think that either I didn't explain it well enough or you just don't know how to read.
SilvermistInc
Ankylosaurus

Postby Queztacoatlus » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:48 pm

SilvermistInc wrote:

I'm beginning to think that either I didn't explain it well enough or you just don't know how to read.

O_O sorry...didn't read it all the way through! :P
CAW!! I am a Quetzalcoatlus!! Fear me!
Queztacoatlus
Velociraptor

Postby SilvermistInc » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Queztacoatlus wrote:
SilvermistInc wrote:

O_O sorry...didn't read it all the way through! :P

Lol it's all good. No harm done.
SilvermistInc
Ankylosaurus

Postby barylophodonosaurus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:57 pm

I think there is some artwork done
I like Dinosaurs. Don't argue.

Important Prehistoric Fish:
Lepidotes
Oncorhynchus rastrosus
Nothing Else......

barylophodonosaurus
Ankylosaurus