Everything and Anything U.P.

Place for anything and everything!

Re: Everything and Anything U.P.

Postby SilvermistInc » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 pm

My UP related shirt just came in the mail :P
Umboi Park, Kazakhstan Civil War, Cenozoic Park. Crazy stuff goes on in the SimINC Universe.
SilvermistInc
Ankylosaurus

Postby barrosasaurus » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:15 pm

I noticed a lack of link to our discord so here

https://discord.gg/STt6Y
I am the ex holy lepidotian pope. The current pope is medena, because i got bored

Also, i am a writer for UP, the one who makes everything sound pretty by saying stuff such as "the magenta flowers" :P
barrosasaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby ProjectMammoth » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:32 pm

oooh
ProjectMammoth
Ankylosaurus

Postby Sauriantitan4534 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:15 am

We have the good stuff
sometimes it is nice to not spontaneously combust. sometimes
Sauriantitan4534
Velociraptor

Location: New Zealand, trying to fly to Europe with my magical dwarf tyrannosaurids

Postby ProjectMammoth » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 am

apparently we do.
ProjectMammoth
Ankylosaurus

Postby Windmiller » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:00 am

An interesting fact is that when we started the project it was never meant to be a full fledged novel - just a PK fanfic. But as the number of pages and ideas grew, Silver started to think like Donald Gennaro "we're going to make a fortune" - if we actually published it.
Now being a cynical person who is fully aware of how slow I'm writing and the many hurdles one would have to overcome to actually publish a book, - espessially for a dino park book - I gave him three demands before I'd seriously commit myself to the project:
1. At least a hundred pages would have to be as perfect as possible
2. Part One of the novel would have to be finished.
3. Two of my cynical friends (who have no idea of this project) would have to read it and say: "its good, it could have a chance."

Now, what makes all this interesting? (It's not interesting! give up and burn it to the ground!) Well, demand One, is actually getting rather close to being met. I'm currently at page 90.
But on the other hand, demand Two... is quite far away from being met taking into account on how slow progress has been over the last year.

Because the thing is: when these demands were made, I never anticipated that Part One would grow this big - I actually counted on Part One being short of a few pages from a hundred so that silver would stop with his "high in the sky ambitions", but after some time, I thought Part One would be around a neat, nice number as a little over a hundred pages.
Though now, It seems more likely that it will be closer to a hundred and fifty pages :| (Boo! you wasted my time again! And you still didn't give back the time from last time!)
29 miles of the coast of Papua New Guinea...
Death is arbitrary, and once put in an unsurvivable situation, there is only one way left to go...
The sceptical writer of Umboi Park, we'll see how it turns out
Windmiller
Velociraptor

Postby SilvermistInc » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Windmiller wrote:An interesting fact is that when we started the project it was never meant to be a full fledged novel - just a PK fanfic. But as the number of pages and ideas grew, Silver started to think like Donald Gennaro "we're going to make a fortune" - if we actually published it.
Now being a cynical person who is fully aware of how slow I'm writing and the many hurdles one would have to overcome to actually publish a book, - espessially for a dino park book - I gave him three demands before I'd seriously commit myself to the project:
1. At least a hundred pages would have to be as perfect as possible
2. Part One of the novel would have to be finished.
3. Two of my cynical friends (who have no idea of this project) would have to read it and say: "its good, it could have a chance."

Now, what makes all this interesting? (It's not interesting! give up and burn it to the ground!) Well, demand One, is actually getting rather close to being met. I'm currently at page 90.
But on the other hand, demand Two... is quite far away from being met taking into account on how slow progress has been over the last year.

Because the thing is: when these demands were made, I never anticipated that Part One would grow this big - I actually counted on Part One being short of a few pages from a hundred so that silver would stop with his "high in the sky ambitions", but after some time, I thought Part One would be around a neat, nice number as a little over a hundred pages.
Though now, It seems more likely that it will be closer to a hundred and fifty pages :| (Boo! you wasted my time again! And you still didn't give back the time from last time!)

We both agreed on the demands. However what happens AFTER Part One we're not entirely sure. If his friends approve and my friends approve, well, that'll be amazing. I mean who wouldn't want people loving your work? However since it took like a year and a half to write 90 pages there will be the issue of how long it'll take us to write the entire damn thing. Wind doesn't want to be paid. He says he doesn't want me "owning him" or something like that. While I'm ok with that I'm not too sure how to motivate him to write faster. I would get back to writing myself except that I have school and a job right now. One of the other ideas though to motivate the team is to get more people involved in UP (a fanbase if you will). Which is where the artwork and the soon-to-be comic made by our lovely concept artist come in.

But what happens after Part One? Idk. We, don't know. Guess we'll just have to find out.
Umboi Park, Kazakhstan Civil War, Cenozoic Park. Crazy stuff goes on in the SimINC Universe.
SilvermistInc
Ankylosaurus

Postby barrosasaurus » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:01 pm

Should be able to do a little while today, had some business to take care of (binge watching narcos) but that is complete. So i shall hopefully get around to a little work today, and a lot tomorrow.

As for the friend involvement and demands. Those were made before i came in. But i may need a certain friend who has an encyclopaedic knowledge of minority ethnic groups and history to help me with KCW, which would involve telling him alot. Nothing goes without permission ofc, but i need him to add realism to the situation.

Dont need for UP though
I am the ex holy lepidotian pope. The current pope is medena, because i got bored

Also, i am a writer for UP, the one who makes everything sound pretty by saying stuff such as "the magenta flowers" :P
barrosasaurus
Ankylosaurus

Postby Acheroraptor » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:51 pm

SilvermistInc wrote:We both agreed on the demands. However what happens AFTER Part One we're not entirely sure. If his friends approve and my friends approve, well, that'll be amazing. I mean who wouldn't want people loving your work? However since it took like a year and a half to write 90 pages there will be the issue of how long it'll take us to write the entire damn thing. Wind doesn't want to be paid. He says he doesn't want me "owning him" or something like that. While I'm ok with that I'm not too sure how to motivate him to write faster. I would get back to writing myself except that I have school and a job right now. One of the other ideas though to motivate the team is to get more people involved in UP (a fanbase if you will). Which is where the artwork and the soon-to-be comic made by our lovely concept artist come in.

But what happens after Part One? Idk. We, don't know. Guess we'll just have to find out.

"Never be indebted to anyone!"
-Ichinomiya Wind

Sorry, been watching too much Arakawa Under the Bridge lately
Acheroraptor
Wiki Team

Postby SilvermistInc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:14 am

That's pretty much what he says :P
SilvermistInc
Ankylosaurus

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion